A Final Roundup of Startup Asia Jakarta
that My It foam using is.
2012 event this past Thursday and Friday was a great success for us at Tech In Asia. Speaking for our editorial team, it was a really great learning experience to come here and speak to so many participants and attendees not just from Indonesia but from around the entire
Below is a quick round-up of the many interviews and panels that we hosted over the course of the two day event, including our Startup Arena Jakarta competition, which saw Japanese
startup Moso walk away with the $10,000 prize.
A huge thank you goes out to all the speakers, participants, startups, judges, and sponsors who made this event possible. And we welcome any feedback you may have on how we might
do it better next time, so do drop us a line if you have any thoughts.
We’d also like to point out that the folks over at e27 have a two-day event coming up on June 11 and 12 which may be of interest to our readers. It’s really great to see other organizations helping to promote what’s going on here in Asia, so do check that out as well.
Coffee chats and panels
- Day 1
- Rudy Ramawy: Google’s Big Plans for Indonesia
- Didi Nugrahadi of Detik.com, SalingSilang on Entrepreneurship in Indonesia
- Panel: Startup Communities in Indonesia
- Panel: Overseas Investors talk about the Indonesian Market
- Building Startups From Silicon Valley to Asia | Tech in Asia: Tom Clayton, CEO and Founder of Bubble Motion
- From Zero to Millions in Revenue, a Chat with the Founders of Adstars
- Panel: Cloud Deployment, Security, for Startups in Indonesia
- Day 2
- Steven Goh on How Mig33 Scaled in Indonesia
- Success in China, with an Eye to Indonesia: A Talk with Fritz Demopoulos
- Panel: What’s Wrong With E-payment in Indonesia?
- Evan Spytma on PopCap’s Plans for Southeast Asia
- Edi Taslim on Kompas, Digital Media, and Startups
- Panel: Inside the Mind of Local Investors | Tech in Asia
- The Entrepreneurial Story Behind Kaskus, and its E-Commerce Future: A Talk with Andrew Darwis
- All Things Mobile in Indonesia: A Conversation with Andy Zain
- Building a Startup in Indonesia: Talking with Tokobagus
- Daniel Saito on Entrepreneurship, Passion, and Hacking
- Panel: E-Commerce in Indonesia and the Challenges Ahead
Startup Arena pitches
Startup Arena press material:
This is a part of our coverage of Startup Asia Jakarta 2012, our startup event running on June 8 and 9. You can follow along on Twitter at @startupasia, on our Facebook page, on Google Plus, or via RSS.